Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gallery Week - Monster Parade

The first of my layouts went up on the Sketch Support blog this morning ...  I've copied my section of the post here ... I'm going to enjoy this week!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Gallery Week

••••••••••••••••••
Today we've got the picks from creative team member Amy Roller and Jill Sarginson. Both of these were obvious stand outs in the gallery and are such wonderful interpretations of the sketches they used as inspiration.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Monster Parade" by Michele Edwardsbased on Two-page Sketch #10
Picked by creative team member Jill Sarginson

Browsing the Flickr gallery to pick out a favourite layout proved to be a challenging feat - there were so many amazing creations that caught my eye. In the end, this layout was my favourite. I picked it because:

1. The stitching - the lines that create movement for the ghost are just absolutely fantastic!

2. The ghost - it looks so simple to make and yet it completely makes the page! It's the perfect embellishment!!

3. The theme was Halloween and a 2 pager! Halloween is my favourite thing to scrap so I found it extremely inspirational!

and lastly this layout has Halloween colours but doesn't appear to be using an actual Halloween line. I love when I can see people take ordinary papers and have them fit into a theme - in this case, to perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment