Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sketch Support Creative Team Call

So, here I am again, submitting for the Sketch Support Creative Team.  I wish I could say that I'm confident ... I feel like I was too rushed ... I didn't even see the call on the blog until early last week (computer not working).  But I just couldn't let it pass without trying ... you know?

First up ... Between the Pipes ... In Feb 2007 my nephew James wanted to be the goalie for his house league team. He worked really hard and got quite good at it!  The page is simple and easy to look at ... I like it.

Between the Pipes
This layout is based on Two-Page Sketch #21.

Supplies:  The Paper Company, Creative Imaginations, Moxxie, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Stickers: Bella Blvd, Brads: Bazzill Basics, Floss: DMC

Variations:
First, I changed the sizes of my background pieces. Instead of 3 4x6 blocks I used a 5X6 picture, with 2 paper blocks 3.5 and 2.5 inches wide.

I reduced the number of pictures. Instead of 5 3x3 photos, I used 3.

I moved the embellished area under the title to the second page.

I stitched a random curvy line across the top and placed black brads along it's length to mimic the movement of the puck.

Here's a couple of close-ups ...






Second ... bring 'em all HOME ... My nephew Chris is an amazing athlete. Baseball is just one of the sports he excels at.  When the bases are loaded his team can always count on him to bring 'em all home!  I really like this page!

bring 'm all HOME
This layout is based on Two-Page Sketch #21.

Supplies: Creative Imaginations, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper

Variations:
I stayed close to the sketch. I thought the background needed something so I stitched a circle onto the cardstock using baseball stitching.

Instead of a stripped border, I used grass to continue the baseball theme.

I put a 1/4 inch strip of black cardstock along the top of the background blocks to help ground the layout.

I used some old die-cut baseball bats to embellish the title. I popped-up the bats and the word "HOME".

and here are some close-ups ...


And last ... "that BOY'S got some moves" ... Again Chris was playing for his first AAA Hockey team.  Even at the age of 7 he moved like a seasoned pro.  On one occasion, as I stood near the glass watching him expertly moving the puck up the ice, the man next to me whispered to himself  "that boy's got some moves".  I'll always remember that! 


"the BOY'S got some moves"

This layout is based on Card Sketch #11.

Supplies:  Striped paper unknown.  Cardstock Bazzill, gold metallic paper unknown, HP glossy photo paper.  Floss is DMC.

Variations:
Obviously I used the sketch to create a two-page layout.

Instead of hearts, I used nested gold and white stars using the metallic gold paper and glossy photopaper.  I stiched around the stars with gold and white floss.  I popped-up some of the stars.

And here's some close-ups ...



... and so there they are.  I hope it's three times lucky!

1 comment: