Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend at home

We're both zonked ... it's rainy and cold ... and both of us have mild colds ... all stuffed up, sore throats, nothing serious.  I spent some time on my scrapbooking ... so much to do!

So, I finished this one weeks ago, but for some reason didn't post it on my blog.  These pictures were taken in September 2004 during our vacation to the east coast.  The little tour boat circled Perce Rock while northern gannets crashed into the sea all around us!

Rocker-Perce
And this one ... I love this one,  While vacationing on the west coast in 2008 ... I took a whale watching tour out of Victoria, BC.  It was very windy and the whales were frisky ... leaping, cartwheeling, spy hopping ... we saw all of it!  It was a dream come true!

Whale Watching adventure
I did finish a layout for the challenge on Sketch Support ... it was late, but so what ... I already own all her sketch books anyway.  I used the card sketch to make a title page for my Vacation 2003 album.  Steve and I had not had a 'real' vacation in years, so together with some friends we embarked a Road Trip to the East Coast ... 2 weeks, 4 provinces.  I pulled out my distress inks and blending tool and my tattered angels mists for this ... I think that it looks way better in person.

Road Trip 2003
And finally, this one really fought with me.  I got what I wanted, but Murphy was working against me, that's for sure.  In Feb 2010 Steve surprised with a trip to Owl Woods.  It's a private conservation area where owls ... even the rare Boreal Owl winter.  It's located on Amherst Island and to get there you have to take a ferry across the St. Lawrence River ... the frozen St Lawrence.

breaking the ICE
I've got 3 more close to being finished ... a pretty good effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment