Sunday, February 10, 2013

a Long Weekend ...

So, while the storm raged ... I sat up at my desk ... plows rummbled past ... and cars got stuck on the side street, and I scrapped 2 layouts.

Last week I printed a picture onto textured cardstock, and I really like the effect ... so I did it again.  This time, I picked one of my favorite pictures from our 2008 vacation ... Castle Mountain.  It had to be big, so I printed it 11.5" x 14", and it looks just like it was painted on canvas.  I really like the way this layout looks.

breathtaking Castle Mountain
Canvas Texture
and again, from 2008.  We were camping in Waterton Lakes National Park.  We could hear Cameron Falls from our campsite, so we walked over to check it out.  I'm a sucker for waterfalls!  A short trail climbs through the forest and up to the top of the falls, so I headed up, leaving Steve with Ruff and Gem ... it was just too steep for her ... almost too steep for me!  The view of the Lake was stunning, it sparkled like a green gem.  Wilflowers thrived in the spray from the falls!  I stood and watched as the river swept past me, leaping over the falls ... but the most awesome thing ... I was standing on rock as old as time ... 600 million years old!

Cameron Falls
Detail  Love the poofie white cloud
Not bad at all ... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment