Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year I'm taking thanksgiving to heart.  I'm truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for ....

First, I'm happy to be alive!  Apart from the "C" scare I had this year, I lost my aunt, and consoled a friend who lost his wife to "C" ... she was younger than I.  So, I'm grateful to be alive ... and vow to live each and every day like it was my last!

I'm grateful for my husband.  Steve is the best thing in my life ... truly!  We are two halves of the whole ... soulmates in every sense of the word ... he takes care of my every need ... there is no one luckier than I when it comes to life-mates!  I live each day with my best friend!

I'm so very grateful that fate has provided (both Steve and myself) with incredible people we call friends.  I'm on the "outs" with family right now ... that's another story ... so this year, when I so needed support, we were lucky to meet a couple ... an older couple ... who helped me through the fear, who offered us support, who cared ... you know?  So, I'm grateful to Jean and to Joe.  Jean was there ... a shoulder to cry on, advise to give ... a pillar of strength and hope ... just when I needed it ... when my own family shunned me.

I'm grateful that I have meaningful employment.  I know so many people who have been affected by these hard-times.  While my job may be very stressful ... I have survived several cut-backs ... I really do love my work ... I'm good at it, and I'm paid well.  I'm grateful for that.

And I'm so grateful for the unconditional love that I receive each and every day from my kitties and dogs!

Happy thanksgiving everyone.  I hope you are as happy as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment