Sunday, March 11, 2012

Card Sketch Week

Wow, it feels like weeks since I posted a layout.  Last week was card sketch week and the sketch had so many possibilities!  I did a two page layout, again, but this time I wanted to try something just a little outside my comfort zone.

Sooooo, here's the sketch.

Card Sketch #17


And here is what I did with it ...

"Hello Teddy" by Michele EdwardsSupplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers; Embellishments: Recollections (small star brads), Jolees (pawprints), Velvet ribbon (unknown), bone paper clip (unknown); Alphabets: Cricut (Plantin Schoolbook); Ink: Tim Holz; Floss: DMC; Twine; American Crafts.

The boys finally got their dog, a pudgy cocker spaniel! They named him Teddy!

Variations

1. I created a two-page layout rather than a card.

2. I flipped the sketch 90 degrees. The square photo of the boys replaced the square sentiment on the card.

There's something about this layout .. it looks so simple ... and too busy, all at the same time.  I tried to let the paper "be" the white space.  I'm just not sure about it, I look at it ... and sometimes I love it, and other times, well ... not so much.

I'm back in my comfort zone for the next one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment