Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Starts NOW

The May 24 ... the unofficial start of summer in Canada.  I took the day off, I so needed to make this a 4 day weekend.  It's cool and cloudy, but at least the rain has stopped. 

We managed to cut the lawn 2 days ago ... no kidding, the grass was more than a foot tall in our yard.  But when our baby Alfie ... a 4 month old golden retreiver disappeared into an especially long clump of grass we had to do it, wet or not.  A bunny shot out from under a lawn chair when I moved it, I never saw it under there.

Today I'm scrapping.  Yesterday I submitted 2 layouts for the Sketch Support Blog ... I love that blog.  Allison already posted one of mine this year 'that kid OWNS first base' and using the same sketch I designed 'Halloween hooowwl' and 'EARTH DAY 2010'.  Allsion just e-mailed me to say she liked them both!

that kid OWNS first base

HALLOWEEN hooowwl
EARTH DAY 2010

I decided last weekend that I would try to get onto the Sketch Support design team since Allison put a call at the beginning of May.  I tried before but was unsuccessful.  I was so dissappointed, but a lot has happened since then.  I was published on Gingerscrapstreet E-Zine in April.

GAME OVER
Published in Gingerscrapstreet E-zine April 2011
 and was a guest Design Team member for Two Scrapbook Friends in May.  They gave me some lovely papers from Jillibean Soup to work with.  These are the layout that I created.

family may contain nuts

out back

out on Murray Lake

PAWPRINTS on our hearts - GEM

So hopefully 3s is the charm.  I've got to get my submissions ready to submit tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment