Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29 - Layouts at Last!

I actually finished these last weekend, but it gets dark so early I just can't get pictures of them ... until today.  Today was sunny and bright, the first snowfall of the year pristine on the trees.  This is what greeted me when I looked out my bedroom window this morning!  And yes, I do live on a steep hill, this is Newfoundland!

Oh what a beautiful morning!

So no more delays, I used Sketch Support 2-Page Sketch #6.


I've used it before, I love it because I can stretch a single picture over 2 pages, for extra impact.  Here's one I did a while ago.  These pictures were taken during our vacation in 2009, while we hiked the rugged shores of Lake Superior.
 
Exploring Superior

 
And this is one of my new layouts ... as you see, the picture arrangement is pretty much the same, but I changed up the background ... instead of squares, I used snowflakes.  The snowflakes are all 3-D.  I used tiny pieces of foam to keep all the detail up off the page.
 
Algonquin farewell
Last year, while we prepared for the big move, and for my departure to Newfoundland, I knew that we had to visit Algonquin Park one last time.  We visited many of our favorite trails and we talked about our adventures.  Algonquin is truly a wonderful place.  These pictures are of our final moments in the park, before we loaded into the van to leave ... an Algonquin farewell!
 
Snowflake detail.

Layout detail
 OK, again the same sketch but I really made some variations.  I don't know where to start, so ... well, here it is ...


International Cruzin'
 During our 8-week cross Canada vacation in 2008 we stopped at Waterton Lakes National Park, which is also part of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.  We took a scenic cruise from the Waterton Townsite at the north end of Waterton Lake to a place called Goat Haunt USA.  Rugged mountain vistas surround the lake ... really beautiful!  And to make it perfect, a bald eagle soared overhead.  I used metallic floss in shades of blues and greens to make the waves.

International Cruizin' detail

And then the last one, when I learned that I would have to move everyone to Newfoundland, one of my first thoughts (or worries) was for our cat, Silver. 

When I returned from vacation in 2008, I was informed that my Aunt Marjory was found unconscious in her apartment and was in the hospital.  When I went to see her she was coming to grips with the reality that she would never go home again.  She begged me to go to her apartment and take her cat ... who had been alone for more than a week.  That's how I got Silver ... just like that I had another cat. 

Steve and I took her to the vet and found out that she had a heart condition, and with care she might last another couple of years.  And now more than 5 years later I worried about taking her with us to Newfoundland.  Well, of course she had to come ... I couldn't leave her to anyone else.  She was so old ... I 'd take her on my lap if that's what it took.  She didn't make it.  She died of heart failure a week before the move.  So, this layout is for Silver, my funny, chatty and always sweet girl, she will be missed.


Silver
I outlined the "squares" with white and silver sequins and grey seed beads.  I ran squares of photo paper and foil through my cuttlebug for some of the empty squares and finished with pink and silver bling-hearts.  It is SOOOOO Silver!

Silver detail
 I've got 2 more almost done ... using this same sketch, and another two coming along ... using different ideas.  It's still slow going ... but at least it's going!


Update:  Even more Layouts!!!

Rather than put up another entry, I'm just editing this one.  Sunday night and 2 more layouts done!

Again, Sketch Support 2-Page Sketch #6, for the first one.  I called this 'armchair Storm Chasers'.  We were supposed to be camping at Ivanhoe Provincial Park with friends during the summer of 2007, but the sites were pretty much all sand and camping on sand ... in the rain didn't appeal to anyone.  Steve and Jeff headed out to find a better site ... and came back with this ... a small cottage at Red Pines Lodge instead.  We all agreed that our visit would be very comfortable in the cottage!  While we were outside a thunderstorm came up quickly ... big fat blobs of rain forced us inside, where Jeff and Steve pulled chairs to the glass door to watch.

armchair Storm Chasers
And then this one.  OK OK, I admit that this one was mostly done before the move, but now it's all done!

I used another Scrapbook Generation Sketch that I downloaded last year ... it was part of the 5x7 package, but now that I look at it ... the photo arrangement does look like the others ... huh ... just bigger, no squares.

Algonquin Park:  Living Colour
Taken in the Fall of 2012, the autumn displays in Algonquin are always spectacular!

I've got 3 layouts with nice big pictures of whales ... I'm obsessing about them, they have to be perfect!  I hope to post them next week!  Thanks for looking ... Bye for now!


 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous as always Michelle!
    I love how you interrupt each layout using the same sketch.
    Miss you at 2SF crops.
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete